Gone are the days of searching down the back of the sofa for the right TV remote. Why is it you can never find the one you actually need? With the awesome Samsung Smart TV Remote you need just the One Remote! One that can not only control your Samsung TV but all your connected devices too. Read on to discover what a Samsung Smart Remote does and how you can pair it with your TV and external devices.
What does Samsung Smart Remote do?
The Samsung Smart Remote brings together all your TV connected devices and enables you to control them from One Smart Remote. The innovative Auto Source Recognition technology automatically detects what is connected to your Samsung Smart TV, so whether it's your game console, surround sound system or satellite box the Samsung Smart TV control has you covered. The intuitive design also ensures the remote is easy to use whether you're young or old making it perfect for all the family.
With so many TV channels these days, it can be difficult to choose what to watch. The Smart Hub button on your Samsung TV remote allows you to quickly access all your favourite streaming and gaming apps at the touch of the button. So whether it's watching the latest epic Netflix series, Amazon Video blockbuster or Apple TV+ Original you can quickly find what you’re looking for.
And if you know exactly what you want to do, you can go ahead and tell the Samsung Smart Remote. Simply speak to Bixby to access content, adjust settings, search for new TV shows and more. You just need to give it your command and your Samsung Smart TV will find it for you.
How to pair a Samsung Smart TV Remote?
Pairing your Samsung Smart TV remote has never been simpler. Your remote should automatically pair when you set up your Samsung TV for the first time. If not, you can simply follow the quick guide below:
Connecting the Samsung Smart TV Remote to your TV:
1: Begin by pointing your Samsung One Remote at the sensor on your Samsung TV. The sensor will be located on the bottom center or on the right hand side of your TV.
2: Press and hold Return (backward arrow) and Play/Pause buttons together for at least 3 seconds.
3: The syncing process will begin and a message will appear on the TV when the Samsung Smart Remote has been successfully paired with the TV
How to use Samsung Smart TV Remote?
You have everything you need to control your TV and connected devices in the stylish Samsung One remote. Check out our quick guide to discover how to use your Samsung TV remote:
Smart Hub Button
- Use the Smart Hub button to open the Smart Hub on your TV. Here you’ll find all your favourite streaming apps including Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney and Apple TV+
- Use the Smart Hub button to return to the Home Screen
- Smart Hub enables you to switch between TV Mode and Art Mode on compatible Samsung TVs such as The Frame Art Mode QLED 4K HDR Smart TV
Directional Navigation Pad
- Found in the center of your Samsung Smart TV remote
- Use it to navigate through menus and apps
- Press the center to make selections
Bixby Voice Assistant
- Press and hold to activate Bixby voice assistant
- Bixby can take you to exactly where you want to go on your TV
Virtual Number Pad
- Opens a virtual number pad so you can easily enter a channel number or PIN
- Press it twice to open the colour buttons window which can be used within certain menus or apps. If you can use these functions the menu or app will provide information regarding what function links with the button
- View two things at the same time, for example you can mirror your phone on one side and continue watching TV on the other.
- Press to open media playback controls including; play, pause, fast forward and rewind
- In Game Mode, press and hold for 3 seconds to open the Game Bar which displays all of the information you need to monitor your gaming performance
- Return to the previous menu screen
- Holding down the return button closes the app you are running
- Raise (+) and lower (-) the volume
- Pressing both together mutes the TV
- Press and hold to open the accessibility window. Here you can turn on captions and activate other accessibility functions
- Scroll through TV channels
- Press the button to view the Channel Guide.
App Preset Buttons
- Launches popular streaming apps without having to navigate via Smart Hub
Smart Remote Reset
- In case of problems with your Smart Remote, try resetting it.
- Press and hold the Select and Return buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. The LED light on the remote will flash to confirm the reset.
Can I use a universal remote on my TV?
The One Remote communicates with the TV using infrared, the light that carries signals from the remote to your TV, and Bluetooth (standard remotes just use infrared) so as long as your Samsung Smart TV supports a Bluetooth connection you can use the Samsung One Remote.
Can I use a universal remote on other devices?
Yes! A universal remote puts the ultimate control in your hands enabling you to manage all your connected devices on one intuitive remote control. Whether it's a game console, satellite streaming service, Blu-ray Player or home cinema system the One Remote can manage them all.
Follow the steps below to pair your Samsung universal remote with an external device:
1. Connect the external device directly to your Samsung Smart TV and check that the device is turned on.
2. Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart TV remote to open the Home Screen.
3. Navigate to Source
4. Press UP on the pad to select Universal Remote
5. Select the New Device you are trying to connect to
6. Press Start
7. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup.
8. Your Smart One Remote and TV will remember the external device and its connection port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc) when you next turn your TV on.
You can find a list of compatible devices in the table below:
Auto Detection Possible
Blu-Ray™ Device 2011 - 2018
Home Theatre System 2011 - 2016
Blu-Ray™ Device from 2011
Home Theatre System from 2011
Apple TV 1
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 3
Apple TV 4
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV 2
Blu-Ray™ Device from 2011
Home Theatre System from 2011
Blu-Ray™ Device from 2011
Home Theatre System from 2011
Blu-Ray™ Device from 2011
Home Theatre System from 2011
Can I use my smartphone as a TV remote?
Yes! Samsung Smart TVs offer the convenience of operating your TV through your phone via the innovative SmartThings app. So when you’re lying on the couch with your phone in hand you can rest easy knowing that you don’t have to get up to find the remote.
How can I control my TV with my phone?
You’ll need to use SmartThings to turn your phone into a controller for your TV. Follow our quick setup guide below.
Begin by connecting your phone and TV:
1. Open SmartThings on your smartphone
2. If a pop-up window appears, tap Add Now to connect your phone to your TV.
No pop-up window? Continue below:
3. Tap All Devices
4. Select your TV
5. Select Start and follow the on screen instructions
6. During the setup process your TV will display a PIN code
7. Enter the PIN on your phone
8. Tap Next and continue with the onscreen instructions
9. Your Samsung TV will notify you when the setup process is complete
Using your phone as a remote control:
1. Open SmartThings on your phone
2. Tap on your TV in the Dashboard
3. Your TV remote appears on your phone screen and the controls work the same way they would on a normal remote. You also have access to Mute, Home, and Guide. You can tap anywhere in the box to make a selection.
- * Your TV must already be added to SmartThings as a device
- * Both TV and mobile must be on the same network.
- * For Samsung TVs, install the ""SmartThings"" app. It supports a variety of functions including photo sharing, View TV on Phone and Mirror Screen (Smart View).
- * Availability of this function may vary based on region and/or model. If you want to get more detailed information, please check each model's product detail page
Explore Samsung TVs
SEE ALL TVS
Back to Buying Guide
Instant advice from the experts who know Samsung best.
Free 28 Day Returns
If you don’t love it, return it.
Spread the cost and trade in for an instant discount.
Free Scheduled Delivery
Next day or choose your delivery day.
Read and Discover more
- Press the Home button on your TV remote to access the Home Screen. ...
- Press UP on the directional pad to access Universal Remote, and then select Universal Remote on the Source screen.
- Next, select Start and make sure the device you want to connect is turned on.
Open the SmartThings app on your phone, and then tap Menu. Tap All devices, and then select your TV/projector. An on-screen remote will appear in the app.What is the Samsung Smart Remote for? ›
With the awesome Samsung Smart TV Remote you need just the One Remote! One that can not only control your Samsung TV but all your connected devices too. Read on to discover what a Samsung Smart Remote does and how you can pair it with your TV and external devices.How do I use Samsung remote on all devices? ›
- 1 Click the Home button on your Samsung remote. Select Source then Universal Remote.
- 2 Choose Start.
- 3 Select your Device Type and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and register the device.
If you're a Samsung phone user, the SmartThings app is already at your fingertips—no need to download it. iPhone and other Android phone users need to get the free app first. With a quick setup, your smartphone becomes a Samsung remote, and you can easily navigate all your TV's features.How can I remotely control my Smart TV through the Internet? ›
- On your Android phone, open the Google TV app .
- Near the bottom right, tap Remote .
- At the top, tap Scanning for devices.
- Choose your device.
- To complete pairing, follow the instructions on your phone and TV.
- After pairing, you can use your phone or your remote.
On most Samsung TVs, the remote control sensor is located on the lower right hand side of the TV. If not, it is directly in the bottom center. Next, press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds. Your TV will begin syncing with the Smart Remote.Do all Samsung remotes work with all Samsung TVs? ›
Remotes can vary in price for different models; however, our IR remotes work with all of our TVs. In other words, you can pick any IR remote you like and it will work with your TV, even if your TV isn't listed as a compatible model for that remote.Do you need a smart remote for a smart TV? ›
As long as your smart TV has an Infrared sensor (or whatever connection type your remote uses, like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), your universal remote should work with it. But some universal remotes will control only your TV's power, volume, and channel up/down buttons.How many devices can connect to Samsung TV? ›
You can browse Samsung Hub from an unlimited number of Samsung devices. But only five devices can be authorized to access and view purchased content at a time. You can deauthorize devices from your device when you are logged in to your Samsung account.
Roku may not be compatible with your Samsung TV for one of the following reasons: Roku streaming devices are incompatible with your Smart TV. Your internet connection isn't working properly. Your TV's HDMI port isn't functional.How do I connect my phone to my Samsung TV? ›
Launching screen mirroring
- In the Screen Mirroring Samsung TV app, click 'Screen Mirroring' in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Adjust the settings.
- Click 'Start Mirroring'.
For devices with Alexa:
- After the TV is linked to the SmartThings app. Start Alexa.
- Click Skills & Games from the menu.
- Connect your TV to SmartThings and turn it on.
- Select your TV after selecting Discover Devices.
ControlMeister is the best free iPhone/iPad remote control unit for Samsung TV to browse thru your favorite apps. Save time and enter text easily on web browser or other apps.Can I download a Samsung universal remote? ›
ControlMeister universal remote app for Samsung Smart TVs offers full remote functionality. Easily control your channels, volume, menus, apps and navigation. The best news of all is that you can download the app completely for free on the iTunes App Store!Is Smartthings app free? ›
All you have to do is connect it to your wifi, download the app on your phone and you control it all. No monthly fees.Can someone remotely access my TV? ›
With smart TVs, the possibility of somebody actually watching or listening to users is much higher than it is with a traditional TV set, of course. Hackers can access a smart TV's camera and microphone through malware, which they can slip into the user's TV if it is connected to WiFi, which it mostly is.Can I connect my Smart TV to the internet through my phone? ›
YES – Both your Android smartphone and your TV have Miracast technology. If both Android smartphone and your TV feature Miracast technology, then you are able to wirelessly pair them.Can I control my TV through Wi-Fi? ›
The Android TV Remote Control app is the easiest way of controlling your Android TV device using a smartphone. The app is available for both iOS and Android phones. It is free and works with Android-powered televisions, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, and other devices.Why isn't my Samsung Smart TV remote working? ›
However, the most common reasons for a TV remote that is not working are battery issues, paring issues, or infrared sensor issues. Press the power button while pointing the remote control at your TV. Make sure the LED indicator on the TV blinks. If not, your remote does not have enough power remaining in the batteries.
#6 Confirm Samsung Remote Pairing
If not, you can press and hold the Return + Play/Pause buttons on your Samsung smart TV remote for 5 seconds. Doing so will initiate the pairing process of your Samsung TV remote which can be helpful for making it function properly.
The Samsung Smart Remote is only supported on Samsung UHD TVs. It has only the essential keys and some special function keys. The user can access additional virtual keys on the TV screen by clicking the "123" key.Are Samsung Smart TV remotes universal? ›
The Samsung TV replacement remote is compatible with all types of TVs like LCD, LED and Plasma.Why does Samsung TV have two remotes? ›
Each remote caters to a different viewing experience. Both remotes can perform the same functions, but each lets you perform certain functions faster than the other.What is the code for Samsung Smart TV remote? ›
While there are multiple ways to connect a universal remote to a Samsung television, a code is nearly always required. However, the primary code that you should try out first is 0101.Is there a universal smart TV remote? ›
If you own a smart television set and are tired of all those remote controls lying around, then a universal smart TV remote control is the perfect solution. With a smart TV remote you can control your television, home theater, Blu-ray player, DVD player and much more.What is the difference between remote and smart remote? ›
If you've heard the term “universal remote” before, a smart remote is basically the same thing. The difference is that a smart remote should also be able to control more than just TV-related electronics.What can I use if I don't have a TV remote? ›
Download a Remote Control App
The Google TV Remote Control app works with Android TVs. The Easy Universal TV Remote app works with a range of televisions. The Apple TV app controls your Apple TV. Smart TVs from LG, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic Viera, and other manufacturers have apps that work with their TVs.
Reset the remote control.
- Open the battery compartment cover and remove the batteries.
- Press and hold the Power button for three seconds.
- Insert the batteries again and close the battery compartment cover.
- On the TV remote control, press the HELP button or press the (Input) button, and then select Help.
- Select Manual (Help Guide).
- Select Settings.
- Select Using the Quick Settings → Settings → System → About → Reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
- Open Settings, and then select General.
- Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
- To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
- If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.
To access the connected devices screen from the homescreen scroll to and tap Settings. Tap Wi-Fi. Tap Devices. You will view the list of connected devices.Can someone watch me through my Samsung TV? ›
When you use a smart TV, you face the same security and privacy risks as with any device connected to the internet. Your smart TV's built-in camera and microphone, originally included for voice and facial recognition features, can be accessed by hackers and used to spy on you.Does my Samsung Smart TV have Bluetooth? ›
From your TV's Settings, select Sound, and then select Sound Output. If the option Bluetooth Speaker List appears, then your TV supports Bluetooth.How do I activate my Roku on my Samsung Smart TV? ›
Get The Roku Channel on your Samsung TV
Press the Smart Hub button or Home button on your Samsung remote. Navigate down the page to Apps. Search 'Roku' and wait for The Roku Channel to appear.
Users who create a free Roku account will be able to start watching a program on a Samsung TV and then be able to resume watching it on other devices signed into the same Roku account, including a Roku streaming device, smartphone, tablet or computer.How do I set up my Samsung Smart TV to Roku? ›
- Choose a language. ...
- Connect your Roku device to your network and the internet. ...
- Wait for your Roku device to download the latest software. ...
- Set the display type. ...
- Set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV. ...
- Create a Roku account and activate your Roku device. ...
- You are done!
To control an Amazon Fire Stick with a remote control, enable HDMI CEC on your TV before you connect the Fire Stick to the TV's HDMI port. After ensuring the Fire Stick is recognized by the TV, the TV remote should be able to control it.How do I get my Samsung remote to work on my Firestick? ›
Press and hold the Home button on the remote.
Hold the Home button for about 10 seconds. When the remote connects to the Firestick, you will see a message on the screen that says "New Remote Connected". If it doesn't work the first time, release the home button and try again.
The Samsung Smart Remote is only supported on Samsung UHD TVs. It has only the essential keys and some special function keys. The user can access additional virtual keys on the TV screen by clicking the "123" key.
Press the Home button on the Amazon Fire Stick remote, and then navigate to and select the Settings icon on the right side. Select Equipment Control, and select Add Equipment. Note: The TV may be added automatically as a device.Why is my Samsung TV remote not working for Fire Stick? ›
Restart Firestick: Unplug the Firestick from the power source and plug it back in after 30 seconds. This will restart the device and may fix the remote problem. Pair the remote with the Firestick: If restarting the Firestick did not work, try pairing the remote with the device again.How do I get my TV remote to work with my Fire Stick? ›
To pair a replacement remote for your Fire Stick, go to Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Amazon Fire TV Remotes > Add New Remote. Finally, press the Home button on your “new” remote and the Select button on your “old” remote. Press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick remote.Can I connect Fire Stick to Samsung Smart TV? ›
As you can see above, installing a Fire TV Stick to any Samsung flat-screen TV is possible, as long as you have an HDMI input or an adapter to get one. You may also use a USB port (if available) to power the Fire TV Stick, but the adapter is the best option for maximum power performance.How do I reset my Samsung TV remote? ›
1 Reset the remote. Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.Why is my Fire Stick not responding to the remote? ›
Improperly inserted batteries, low battery charge, and other related issues can all cause a Fire Stick remote to stop working. Pairing: If your remote isn't paired with your Fire Stick, it won't work. Replacement remotes always need to be paired before you use them.Why is my Samsung remote not working? ›
There are many reasons that make your remote not work. However, the most common reasons for a TV remote that is not working are battery issues, paring issues, or infrared sensor issues. Press the power button while pointing the remote control at your TV.What are the 4 colored buttons on Samsung remote? ›
As shown in the user guide, the color buttons are used to control specific features in any app that is programmed to use them. They are a holdover from older smart TV apps and functions, and are rarely used anymore. Hey there!What are the yellow blue red and green buttons for on remote? ›
These colored buttons are designed for use with certain Blu-ray Disc® (BD) movie titles to access particular features or software on the disc.What is the 123 color button on Samsung remote? ›
it gives you a number pad like an old school remote but throws it on the tv so you can type in the number for your channel on the tv, and the colors are keys you can bind to certain tv channels, kind of like speed dial to your favorite channel.
Your TV's default PIN should be set to 0000 once again.What is the pairing code for Samsung TV remote app? ›
While there are multiple ways to connect a universal remote to a Samsung television, a code is nearly always required. However, the primary code that you should try out first is 0101.