Programming your LG universal remote to a Vizio TV is easy using these codes.
With an LG universal remote, you can not only control your Vizio TV, but also other devices such as set-top boxes, soundbars, DVD players, game consoles, and even Blu-ray players. But before you can get these devices to work with the remote, you have to program it.
TheLG universal remote codes for VizioTV represent commands that allow you to pair your LG universal remote to a Vizio TV. Once you pair them, you can use the remote to power on your Vizio TV, increase the volume, or change channels, among other functions.
Vizio TVs have 2-digit to 5-digit remote codes. Upon pairing the remote with your TV, you’ll be asked for codes with a specific number of digits.
For example, Vizio TV only has one 2-digit remote code, number 19. So, if your LG universal remote asks you for a 2-digit code to program it, all you have to do is enter 19.
Similarly, if a 3-digit code is necessary, one of the numbers to enter is 502. You may also have to enter a 4-digit or 5-digit code.
What are the different LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV?
Vizio TVs accept 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit remote codes. Here is a list of codes for a universal remote for a Vizio TV.
2-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV
Vizio only has one 2-digit remote code. The code is 19.
3-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV
The 3-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TVs are:
4-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV
Vizio TVs accept 4-digit LG universal remote codes, including:
5-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV
5-digit LG universal remote codes for Vizio TV include:
How to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV
There are 4 different ways to program an LG universal remote to a Vizio TV.
- Auto programming.
- Entering the universal code directly.
- Search the brand name where a code is unavailable.
- Manually searching for the code.
Before you begin programming, ensure the batteries in the remote have enough power to last the process. Otherwise, the programming will stop and force you to restart.
In auto-programming, your Vizio TV will automatcially search for a nearby remote bearing a compatible code. You don’t have to enter any code while using this method.
Follow these steps:
- Power on your Vizio TV.
- Point the remote at the Vizio TV’s sensor.
- Press the TV button and hold it for about five seconds.
- The LED should flash twice and remain lit.
- Release the TV button.
- Press and release the Play button for about five seconds.
- The TV should turn off.
If it turns off, the code is correct. Otherwise, repeat the process.
When you repeat the process, the universal remote will automatically search for new codes once you press the play button. Give it more time to search.
To turn the TV back on:
- Press and release the Rewind button. But if the TV does not turn back on, repeat the process to allow the remote to find a new code.
- Once the code is correct, press the Stop button to save the code.
If the code is successful, use the remote to test different functions to ensure it works well with your Vizio TV.
2. Direct code entry
If the auto-programming method does not work for you, try entering the code directly. Sometimes, the remote might come with a code list to reference.
- Power on your Vizio TV and ensure the batteries in the remote controller have enough power.
- Press and hold the TV button on the remote.
- The LED light on the remote will light up. If the light turns off, do not remove your hand from the TV button.
- While still pressing the TV button, enter the correct code for your Vizio TV.
- If you have more than one code, start with the first one until you find the correct code.
- As you enter the code, you will notice the power button on the remote turning off.
- Once you enter the code, continue pressing and holding down the TV button. The remote’s power button should light up and remain on. That signifies you entered the correct code.
- If the light blinks several times, the code is incorrect. Therefore, repeat the process by entering a different code until you find the correct one.
You can determine whether the universal remote works by using it to turn on your Vizio TV, increase the volume, or change a channel.
3. Using brand code search
Brand code search works almost the same as auto search. However, the difference is that you must know your Vizio TV’s brand code to complete the programming.
The following steps can help.
- Power on your Vizio TV.
- Look at the list of brands provided by the universal remote.
- Locate the Vizio TV brand.
- Press and hold the TV button for at least five seconds.
- The LED light will turn on and remain lit.
- Continue holding down the TV button even when the light is ON.
- Press and hold the power button while still holding down the TV button.
- The LED on the power button will light up.
- Release the TV and power button.
- The TV button will remain lit. If not, you will have to repeat the procedure.
- Enter the Vizio TV brand code as listed on the universal remote sheet.
- The LED light will remain lit.
- Press and release the Power button several times until your Vizio TV turns OFF.
- If the TV turns off, you have entered the correct brand code. Otherwise, repeat the procedure.
- Press the STOP button to save the code.
- The LED light will turn OFF.
You may also notice after entering the code, your TV does not turn off. Instead, the LED light blinks at least four times.
In that case, the codes you used to program the universal remote are not working. If you have used all of them, then use a different method to program the remote.
4. Manual code search
The manual code search differs from the auto-programming method.
In this case, instead of remote scanning through the available remote codes or brand codes, you have to check the code one at a time. But the process can take longer if you have many codes.
Do the following:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Press and hold the TV and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for a few seconds until the Power button lights up.
- Release the two buttons.
- Point the universal remote at the Vizio TV.
- Press the power button on the remote for at least five seconds.
- The LED light on your TV will turn off. In that case, the corresponding code is correct.
- Press Stop to save the code.
If the code is incorrect, the TV will not turn off. Therefore, press the universal remote’s power button to test the list’s second code.
Perform all the steps until you get to the correct code.
- A comparison of Vizio TV series
- How to turn off the Narrator on a Vizio TV